Hello WWE Universe. Before we get into this post, I would like to apologise for not being able to upload my review on WWE Payback. So since I was not able to give a detailed review, here is a quick review on the Network Special.
Every match was well booked to be honest.
Here’s a quick recap
- Chris Jericho defeated Kevin Owens for the U.S Title only to loose to Owens once again on SmackDown Live.
- Bayley lost in her hometown, Alexa Bliss is the new RAW Women’s Champion and she is doing one hell of a job, let me tell you!
- Neville lost against Austin Aeries via Disqualification and so still remains the champion
- The Hardy Boys defeated Sheamus and Cesaro retaining the tag titles and this lead to an unexpected Sheamus and Cesaro heel turn.
- One of the most boring matches was the ‘House of Horrors’ Match, Bray Wyatt won but yet again could not do it without an outside interference. Jinder Mahal took out Randy Orton helping Wyatt.
- Rollins defeated Joe in what was a cheeky victory, surely their feud is not over
- And Finally, Braun Strowman defeated an injured Roman Reigns. Two weeks later the two had a brawl in London England, with Braun now currently injured and will be out of action for at least two months.
And that leads to this post.
At this point it is no big secret that Braun Strowman was being built for a match against Brock Lesnar at the Newest RAW Exclusive Pay-Per-View “Great Balls Of Fire” (Who in the blue hell comes up with these names?).
Now after this past week’s RAW Strowman is severely injured and will be out of action and won’t be returning until after the pay-per-view.
So with the Monster among men out of action, who is a good opponent for Brock Lesnar?
I am sure it is not going to be Roman Reigns because they are saving that match for WrestleMania 34.
So let’s lay out the available options.
Firstly, Seth Rollins could be a formidable opponent for the Beast.
Undertaker interrupted ending that match on a DQ. So Rollins could say that the Beast has never pinned him and he wants the beast. Well this of course would be after the Rollins vs Joe match.
So they cannot bring up the Beast even in a conversation until then (not like he is active right now either).
If not Rollins, another person who deserves the shot at the title is Finn Balor. He never lost the next in the first place and the Beast versus the demon king would be something that the fans would be willing to watch.
If not these two, there is really no other superstar who has grown to have the spotlight. Among these two, Seth Rollins is the best choice in my opinion. Because no matter who is going to face Brock Lesnar, Lesnar is going to win and so it doesn’t really matter who he faces.
Rollins can afford to loose right now. Rollins is at the point in his career where a loss will not kill his momentum, Finn on the other hand is not at that level yet. Him losing to Brock Lesnar could destroy his total momentum.
So Rollins is the best choice but I highly doubt WWE is going to go that way.
I am guessing that WWE is going to put Bray Wyatt against Lesnar only for him to get his ass handed over to him again. And they would do Balor versus Lesnar for SummerSlam.
Rollins will not be getting a title shot until Roman Reigns is champion.
Who do you think should face Brock Lesnar? Let me know in the comments, down below.
Thank You for reading guys, I will catch you all soon.